Ok cool im using a different brand m.2 now. Will install windows and let you know how it goes
Kernal Power 41 error & Critical Process Died
Hi, Recently built a new PC. I've been getting the Kernal Power 41 error and Critical Process Died.
Now when I login to windows and I move my mouse or click onto something it freezes and gives me a BSoD. However if I wait a few seconds without going into the apps striaght away it seems to work fine.
I have double checked all cables and they seem to be on tight. I have ran OCCT stress test on all components and they pass. When I game it runs fine.
I have done a clean install of windows twice. All drivers are up to date, I've ran chkdsk /r and other diagonstics. Nothing so far.
CPU is Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Motherboard b650 aorus elite ax
GPU 4080 Super
G. skill ram 32gb 6000mhz 30cl - not running on amd expo
850w corsair psu.
Any Idea why this may be happening?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T11:57:23+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-11-26T11:56:39+00:00 The chipset driver can only be installed from inside Windows.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T11:55:30+00:00 how is a chipset driver fixed? is this hardware related? i.e. replace motherboard?
-
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-11-26T11:52:02+00:00 If the new M.2 also crashes, most likely it is a chipset driver or BIOS may need to be updated.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T11:40:17+00:00 if the new m.2 drive crashes too. What could the issue be then?
BTW thank you for all your help!