Kernal Power 41 error & Critical Process Died

Anonymous
2024-11-25T17:52:36+00:00

Hi, Recently built a new PC. I've been getting the Kernal Power 41 error and Critical Process Died.

Now when I login to windows and I move my mouse or click onto something it freezes and gives me a BSoD. However if I wait a few seconds without going into the apps striaght away it seems to work fine.

I have double checked all cables and they seem to be on tight. I have ran OCCT stress test on all components and they pass. When I game it runs fine.

I have done a clean install of windows twice. All drivers are up to date, I've ran chkdsk /r and other diagonstics. Nothing so far.

CPU is Ryzen 7 7800x3d

Motherboard b650 aorus elite ax

GPU 4080 Super

G. skill ram 32gb 6000mhz 30cl - not running on amd expo

850w corsair psu.

Any Idea why this may be happening?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T11:24:22+00:00

    Do you mean uninstall device? Or disable device

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-26T10:53:54+00:00

    Yes, that is correct, please try that method on the M.2 drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T10:50:58+00:00

    Using my old m.2 drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-26T10:48:09+00:00

    That usually indicates it is a device driver causing the system to crash, because most main drivers are not loaded in Safe Mode.

    If you boot into Safe Mode, open Device Manager, then expand the Display Adapter section and delete the graphics drivers, can you then boot into Windows normally?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T10:44:29+00:00

    Yes so using the old m.2 i was able to get into safe mode without any problem. If I exit safe mode the same issue would happen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments