Error with the ene.sys driver

Anonymous
2024-11-12T12:10:00+00:00

For the past few days when I load my PC up, a pop-up will appear saying "a driver cannot load on this device". I have done countless things like updating my PC seeing if that works, uninstalling those updates, trying to relocate the file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers which doesn't show at all and going through troubleshooting. None of these things have been able to work and the error still pops up. Please could I have help on what to do I have have hit a dead end on what to do. The error is shown on the top.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T18:09:55+00:00

    Мужик, спасибо большое. Это реально работает!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T16:07:36+00:00

    Hi Vixie, I'm Ramesh, here to answer your query at the Microsoft Community.

    Ene.sys is a driver associated with RGB lighting control. The screenshot says the driver is vulnerable and, hence, blocked from loading.

    To stop the driver from loading, uninstall the RGB software. If that doesn't help, open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and rename ene.sys to "ene.sys.old" and restart Windows.

    Then, run the following command to find the name of the ene.sys driver service.

    sc query type= driver | findstr /i ene

    Post the output here.

    Set-Content : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'driver'.
    At line:1 char:1

    • sc query type= driver | findstr /i ene
    •     + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-Content], ParameterBindingException  
          + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetContentCommand
      
      

    This was returned when I followed the instructions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T14:34:00+00:00

    controlador ene.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T04:12:29+00:00

    Glad it helped you out. Some folks are still having problems, however, without seeing what they are doing it's hard to tell whether or not something else is interfering with their setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T23:52:28+00:00

    You're a star! Problem solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments