Error with the ene.sys driver

Anonymous
2024-11-12T12:10:00+00:00

For the past few days when I load my PC up, a pop-up will appear saying "a driver cannot load on this device". I have done countless things like updating my PC seeing if that works, uninstalling those updates, trying to relocate the file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers which doesn't show at all and going through troubleshooting. None of these things have been able to work and the error still pops up. Please could I have help on what to do I have have hit a dead end on what to do. The error is shown on the top.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T16:07:25+00:00

    hi ppl with same error as myself. Did you find a solution to the ene.sys driver?

    And the most annoying thing is that it was not possible to set the windows update back to the last working version!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T12:45:27+00:00

    I dont see "Windows Vulnerable Driver Blocklist" in any setting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T21:26:02+00:00

    So I am understanding this correctly, I updated my computer, and now it is telling me that I need to uninstall or remove software or files? That does not seem like an update, but a mandate or amendment to take something away from me. Everything was working fine on my computer to the moment I let it update, Now there is a problem and I have to fix it? How about patching this update to stay out of things it has no reason to control or tell me I am no longer able to use it.

    To be fair, its also on the creator of the software in question to keep their stuff updated as well. If a company makes to piece of software to work on a particular operating system, its on the creator to keep their software in line with the os they made it for. Its Microsoft's OS, they set the standards and requirements for the OS, not the companies that make software to work on the OS. So many times I've seen situations where people blame windows because some piece of software hasn't been updated for 10 years or whatever. So MS should hold their product back because other companies are lazy and don't wanna keep their stuff up to date? Negative.

    In other words, Microsoft isn't going patch a software that they don't make, its not their job. Uninstalling it is just one of the options that was suggested, Have you tried looking into who makes the software and seeing if they have made updates? Ive found most of these RGB drivers and software don't always auto update, so yours might be super outdated? But that's Microsoft fault that your not keeping up with that right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T18:00:03+00:00

    So I am understanding this correctly, I updated my computer, and now it is telling me that I need to uninstall or remove software or files? That does not seem like an update, but a mandate or amendment to take something away from me. Everything was working fine on my computer to the moment I let it update, Now there is a problem and I have to fix it? How about patching this update to stay out of things it has no reason to control or tell me I am no longer able to use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-02T15:08:57+00:00

    renaming it is virtually removing the risk - if the ene.sys driver is operating as a driver, it is a vulnerability risk. Of course, renaming it doesn't help your RGB software work properly either. Proper way is an updated, signed version of the driver. If you need it, you can turn off driver blocking in settings, but it won't help if a particularly vulnerable driver update happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments