Error with the ene.sys driver

Anonymous
2024-11-12T12:10:00+00:00

For the past few days when I load my PC up, a pop-up will appear saying "a driver cannot load on this device". I have done countless things like updating my PC seeing if that works, uninstalling those updates, trying to relocate the file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers which doesn't show at all and going through troubleshooting. None of these things have been able to work and the error still pops up. Please could I have help on what to do I have have hit a dead end on what to do. The error is shown on the top.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T22:33:15+00:00

    Is this an official position from Microsoft in 2025... "turn off RGB"?! Seriously?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T19:23:08+00:00

    DISPLAY_NAME: Tjenesteproxy for Microsoft Streaming

    DISPLAY_NAME: Drivertjeneste for Microsoft UIO

    DISPLAY_NAME: Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver

    DISPLAY_NAME: Sikker tjeneste for klarert kjøretid fra Microsoft Windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T01:53:11+00:00

    does this permit the driver to work or just block it?

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T04:30:49+00:00

    I did that latest update, and that fixed it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T02:22:36+00:00

    Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher was also the signature on my file. This made me wonder if it had something to do with Dynamic Lighting in Windows 11. When I turned it off and restarted my computer, the "cannot load driver" notification didn't pop up!

    To test if this works for you, open Settings and type Dynamic Lighting or RGB in the search bar. Choose the option that says "Change lighting colors, brightness, and effects". Then, toggle both "Use Dynamic Lighting on my devices" and "Compatible apps in the foreground always control lighting" options to Off.

    Good luck and hopes this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments