Error with the ene.sys driver

Anonymous
2024-11-12T12:10:00+00:00

For the past few days when I load my PC up, a pop-up will appear saying "a driver cannot load on this device". I have done countless things like updating my PC seeing if that works, uninstalling those updates, trying to relocate the file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers which doesn't show at all and going through troubleshooting. None of these things have been able to work and the error still pops up. Please could I have help on what to do I have have hit a dead end on what to do. The error is shown on the top.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T22:42:40+00:00

    I have been using this driver for 3+ years. Why is it suddenly a problem after a highly problematic Windows update that currently has me on my knees for multiple reasons? Why is this particular driver suddenly a problem, after 3+ years of usage?!!? And, don't give me the non-answer response that is 99% the case on this Microsoft Community. Either answer my question or move on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T21:20:19+00:00

    Thanks Rick - a much more effective and simpler quick fix than the BS being put around and I get to keep using the RGB driver.

    Much appreciated

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T09:34:23+00:00

    So really the solution is to get your RGB software updated.

    Hm .... which mine is, and I still get the error.

    Using ASUS ROG stuff myself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T16:07:25+00:00

    hi ppl with same error as myself. Did you find a solution to the ene.sys driver?

    And the most annoying thing is that it was not possible to set the windows update back to the last working version!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-02T15:08:57+00:00

    renaming it is virtually removing the risk - if the ene.sys driver is operating as a driver, it is a vulnerability risk. Of course, renaming it doesn't help your RGB software work properly either. Proper way is an updated, signed version of the driver. If you need it, you can turn off driver blocking in settings, but it won't help if a particularly vulnerable driver update happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments