How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T13:09:14+00:00

    Hi,

    It has started to work again yesterday (Nov 29). I have not installed anything... However I do see the same recent Windows Update in the list of installed updates...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T00:29:43+00:00

    I am having the same issue. 8 applications could not get updates, could not uninstall, and could not run at all. After I uninstalled KB5046613, and restarted the computer, all applications automatically get their updates and were functional again. Except WhatApps, where it was still not able to get the update properly. I did install WhatApps Beta version, and it is running fine.

    PS: my laptop is company's laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T00:07:29+00:00

    It seems that the offending update for me was KB5046613.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T15:19:15+00:00

    the post above worked for me:

    Hello Rhonda,

    The following solution worked for me on Nov 21, 2024.

    1. Download the latest WinAppSDK ( https://learn.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads ) (Don't install it yet)
    2. Close all apps, and restart PC

    3. Install the previously downloaded latest WinAppSDK

    4. Open Microsoft Store App and hit RETRY for each app that was 'stuck' one-by-one ... they should all now install correctly without errors.

    I encountered the issue around Nov 14, 2024 and the above steps worked for me on Nov 21, 2024 ... noting that the latest WinAppsSDK was released on Nov 18. 2024.

    Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:43:04+00:00

    Exact same app stuck for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments