Windows 11 version 24H2 ''Install Error 0xc1900201''

Anonymous
2024-12-05T18:07:58+00:00

I'm trying to download 24H2 update and my system meet the requirements for it. Nonetheless it doesn't work at all. Whenever it reaches eight percent, I get the error I mentioned in the title.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-06T09:28:57+00:00

The move is complete. I am trying to update again. What should I do with the ASUSG713PV.BIN file that we moved to drive C?

You may move it back to the EFI partition after deleting the .ttf files again after the 24H2 upgrade.

Note: If you wish to resize the EFI partition (which will be a permanent fix for this issue), you can use AOMEI or a similar third-party tool.

See:

How to Resize the EFI System Partition:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/resize-efi-system-partition/

Also, check out this thread, especially the last reply (posted by Ferenc. A) in that thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/windows-11-version-24h2-not-updating/68c3a307-a329-49cf-a676-7cbcca3d5802?messageId=34a370ba-6974-4e17-8fb4-29d5a84fe25a

Note: It's suggested that the data be backed up to an external drive before modifying the partitions.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-06-30T03:11:58+00:00

    Hi Ramesh i have read and now i have a clear idea on how to solve this issue. But can you walk me through because every computer is different. I have an elitebook hp and i get this same exact error at 8%

    Thank you so much

     Please open an admin Command Prompt window (instead of PowerShell) and run these commands one by one:


    mountvol Y: /s
    
    del  /q  Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts\*.ttf
    
    powershell -command "GCI Y:\  -File -Recurse | Sort Length -descending | Select FullName, Length, Mode -first 10"
    
    dir Y:\
    

    Post the output here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T18:45:00+00:00

    I think, I managed the post as a OneDrive link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-05T18:40:24+00:00

    Ok, you may post the output and the text file contents here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T18:35:22+00:00

    dir.txt

    Did I do it right? I'm not sure because I don't usually use OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments