I heard you can extend windows 10 till Oct. 2026 How?

Anonymous
2024-12-10T01:23:56+00:00

I heard you can extend windows 10 till Oct. 2026 How?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-12T21:07:45+00:00

    I remember when Windows 10 first came out Microsoft told us it would be the last version of Windows we would ever need to buy so I bought the best PC money could buy and it is still very powerful by today's standards but still does not qualify for Windows 11 Upgrade.

    How many loyal Windows users will view this as a last straw and choose to upgrade to Linux or Apple instead.

    How many good computer systems will be junked and billions wasted just because Microsoft has chosen to store security and encryption data on a chip instead safely encrypted on disk.

    And how long will it be before hackers have figured a way to get into that chip as well forcing us all to move to Windows 12.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-13T08:27:47+00:00

    I fully agree with you Gary and i wonder how many more were convinced by Microsofts Staterment that windows 10 was to be the last version in fact i am surprised that no one has tried to launce a class action case against Microsoft if they purchased a high end computer as a result of the Statement that windows 10 was to be the last version.

    personally i am considering a move to linux or a framework laptop as they are upgradeable

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T22:42:10+00:00

    How exactly do i enroll and pay for windows 10 ESU?

    As mentioned already...
    "The ESU program for consumers will be a one-year option available for $30. Program enrollment will be available closer to the end of support in 2025."

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. JuliaMarvin 22,915 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-06-09T22:29:22+00:00

    Yeah, I get vibes they may not make it available to home users.

    I very much doubt that. They announced it in public, so they will stick to it. Me thinks/hopes.

    Personally, I think I might go for 0patch with their Pro plan.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T22:33:18+00:00

    As mentioned in my above reply of Dec 2024:

    "The ESU program for consumers will be a one-year option available for $30. Program enrollment will be available closer to the end of support in 2025."

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments