Hi,
i have the same issue, that the other day it just disappered.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.
These are my specs:
Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 24H2
Se instaló el 12/12/2024
Compilación del SO 26100.2605
Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0
Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
i have the same issue, that the other day it just disappered.
I installed the Windows 11, version 24H2 Update. I could actually just reinstall VS Code and all my settings were still there, so no major problem, just "wierd".
Same here: just uninstalled VSC in the middle of my winter exams session!!! Now have to delay all submissions because of this "GREAT" product and even better support who say that they never heard about this issue.
I faced a similar issue; my VS code was yanked out of my system as well after the update. For some unknown reason. Now I am not sure if this is the only software that vanished or there is some more.
Though it worked out for me when I installed VScode from their website with the installer.
Hello RubénDíaz,
Welcome to the Microsoft Community.
Sorry to hear about your issue. This problem is not very common, and we haven't heard a similar report before that 24H2 update could lead to the uninstallation of a certain application. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced thus far.
We recommend you keep using your device for more time, to see if your problem would recur. If it happens again, we recommend you send feedback about this problem to Microsoft. To do this, just press the Windows logo key + F to open the Feedback Hub app. The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows. You can also send suggestions to help Microsoft improve your Windows experience.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
William.Y | Microsoft Community Support Specialist