This is a WhatsApp issue. Version 2.2502.3.0 was released in Jan 20th and had this bug. I rolled back to 2.2447.5.0 from Dec 6th and there's no echo back down to the caller. WhatsApp latest release 2.2504.2.0 released on Feb 3rd still has this bug. I've tried contacting WhatsApp support but can't get a human response, just the auto generated AI answers which hasn't been of any use.
Hope this helps someone.
This just started happening for me last week, dont know why now when it seems to have started for all of you back in January. I will say, I contacted WhatsApp support and they were swift and harsh in their response- they will not provide support for calling issues. Which I thought was pretty bad support, and quite frustrating.
"##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
Thanks for reaching out to us! To quickly find the answer to your question about calling, please read this Help Center article.
Unfortunately, we don’t provide chat or email support for questions about calling at this time. Replies to this message won’t be read. Thank you for understanding."