That's unfortunate then.. I wouldn't be able to speak on Microsoft's behalf as we are just forum members. It is entirely at the discretion of Microsoft Support.
Activation Error: 0x80072EE2
Can't activate windows, use microsoft store nor use the "Get help" app because of Error: 0x80072ee2.
I've tried a ton of solutions and spent around 7 hours trying to solve it. Even tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 3 TIMES and apply the solutions again, yet no results.
I can provide proof of what solutions I used (youtube videos and microsoft community) if needed (I would post a screenshot here but it doesn't let me as a big sad face appears with the text "not found").
I was able to get all my windows updates though, which seems to be different from some people's issue since this error affects their windows updates aswell.
A few of the sites from which I tried solutions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80072ee2/8a57d23c-45a8-41fe-82df-c026ae357a56 (microsoft community)
https://youtu.be/5ak6zJmUJqU?si=mXkLXJi_3U66u2SI (youtube https://youtu.be/sdhKPGHRbvo?si=kkVzt16s1m822IzK videos)
Please help me. I'm out of options and don't know any other method of doing it
I want to be atleast able to activate my Windows 10 Pro. If that issue is solved atleast, then I'm satisfied,
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T23:06:18+00:00 And how can I prove the key is legitimate except through calling my seller, because I lost his phone number and have no way of contacting him.
-
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T22:50:31+00:00 Not necessarily - because one thing we don't know for sure is the legitimacy of the key, and that complicated the issue here and prevented us from isolating the issue. Hence I recommend getting the proof of license purchase so you can get support from Microsoft to get a key, that we know for sure that's legitmate.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-02T22:47:59+00:00 And the activation issue can't be solved if error 0x80072ee2 is not addressed first.
That makes me stuck in a rabbit hole. -
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-01-02T22:37:47+00:00 Right, but you are in a catch 22 here. Support is not available to address any other issue unless the activation issue is addressed first.