One of the drives in my pc has gone missing after i ran an app downloaded from the internet called Sheep-it render farm

Anonymous
2025-01-02T13:19:18+00:00

So I downloaded an app that was apparently safe to use, but after running it and then closing it one my drives with all my files on it disappeared.

And when i try to access one of the folders from file explorer that was from that drive that for some reason disappeared it comes up with this message.

I managed to fix the upload issue here is the image

Is there any way to fix this as i had 2 years worth of files on that drive and would really appreciate if i could receive some help, i would be very grateful.

Im afraid to restart the pc incase i lose the files, so i will just keep trying to find a solution for it until .

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T19:59:00+00:00

    No, extract out the zip file you downloaded, the open the Install folder and double click the AsusSetup.exe file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T20:15:25+00:00

    Unfortunately the drive still isnt there

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T20:16:20+00:00

    should I do this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T21:24:53+00:00

    Also am I able to shut down the pc, and turn it back on

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-03T07:29:12+00:00

    Sorry, I was offline, yes, please use that to remove the drivers, then re-install the drivers, then restart your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments