One of the drives in my pc has gone missing after i ran an app downloaded from the internet called Sheep-it render farm

Anonymous
2025-01-02T13:19:18+00:00

So I downloaded an app that was apparently safe to use, but after running it and then closing it one my drives with all my files on it disappeared.

And when i try to access one of the folders from file explorer that was from that drive that for some reason disappeared it comes up with this message.

I managed to fix the upload issue here is the image

Is there any way to fix this as i had 2 years worth of files on that drive and would really appreciate if i could receive some help, i would be very grateful.

Im afraid to restart the pc incase i lose the files, so i will just keep trying to find a solution for it until .

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T18:54:14+00:00

    There is alot to install in the folders, do I just install all of the .exe files?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T18:25:59+00:00

    Thank you for the screenshot.

    That indicates the chipset drivers are not installed correctly, and also the second drive is marked as an Unknown device, that is not good, that may indicate a physical problem with the drive.

    Donwload this Intel RST driver and install that, then restart your PC.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/05SATA/IR...

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T18:22:55+00:00

    Once again I truly do appreciate you helping me, it means alot, thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Airbus A350 8,015 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-02T18:22:36+00:00

    Hello,

    You can't use Windows keyboard shortcuts inside the BIOS. You will have to take a picture on your phone and attach it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T18:22:29+00:00

    I apologise, I thought you meant to take a screenshot while the pc was loading up that why I asked about the screenshot function sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments