Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I cannot verify my account at all. I changed my password and when I tried to sync my one drive it sends the code to my old email and will not allow me to change out into a new method. It only allows me to send it to my old email that the site was shut down years ago. I have a new email set up so when I change the password I can. I have no idea why to verify wants to go to a different email. I also have my phone number in it, but it will not send a code to my phone. It will only send the code to my outdated phone.
So, now I can't link everything together and technically I do not have my laptop synced either (even though it is the same laptop I have had for years).
There is no way for me to switch out to another method to verify.
I tried calling the number and the machine told me it won't do anything and I had to go online and now online I have to post this question. This is why I hate changing my password.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
No, changing alias will not help in this case.
Back to your computer on Windows, try these steps:
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with local user instead. follow the steps and finish the rest.
(If you don't see the "sign in with a local account instead option, click on "Stop signing into Microsoft apps automatically" first, then relaunch this page. )
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead. follow the steps and finish the rest
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
no the 4 year old email was added 4 years ago and is the good email. The older email was from 20-15 years ago (yeah, I have add an account for a long time). The email I am using is good, but when I tried to sync everything back into the One Drive (after I changed my email) it is now trying to send the verification to the email from the 20-15 years ago one.
At first when I signed in it did send one verification email to the good email, but then it said since it had 'sensitive information' now it tried to send another verification email to the older one which no longer works. I don't know why it wants to still send it to the older one. It gives me no options to send the code anywhere else. It only says 'send code' the the old email and gives no other options anywhere else on the screen.
Can you confirm this -
Go to https://account.live.com > Sign in, and see if you can get to Security page.
If you can, go to Manage how I sign in, review all of the contact info here, is everything correct here?
Also on the security page, scroll down, any chance you have passwordless turned on?
I was able to go there and check.
My email is on the correct email and found out today is the day I added it years ago (that is kind of funny).
Phone is on there (but again it was recently added so that wouldn't count)
I scrolled all the way to the bottom and the passwordless is turned off.
It is just so odd that it has no issues sending it to the correct stuff but for verifying. Everything else is going to the correct email.
I have work tomorrow so I need to go to sleep and will work tomorrow. I'll have to continue on this tomorrow.
Thank you.