Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I cannot verify my account at all. I changed my password and when I tried to sync my one drive it sends the code to my old email and will not allow me to change out into a new method. It only allows me to send it to my old email that the site was shut down years ago. I have a new email set up so when I change the password I can. I have no idea why to verify wants to go to a different email. I also have my phone number in it, but it will not send a code to my phone. It will only send the code to my outdated phone.
So, now I can't link everything together and technically I do not have my laptop synced either (even though it is the same laptop I have had for years).
There is no way for me to switch out to another method to verify.
I tried calling the number and the machine told me it won't do anything and I had to go online and now online I have to post this question. This is why I hate changing my password.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
No, changing alias will not help in this case.
Back to your computer on Windows, try these steps:
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with local user instead. follow the steps and finish the rest.
(If you don't see the "sign in with a local account instead option, click on "Stop signing into Microsoft apps automatically" first, then relaunch this page. )
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead. follow the steps and finish the rest
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
Thank you so much.
I was able to log into my stuff no problem now.
You should get a raise for dealing with me.
Again thank you.
okay I am logged into my account and I restarted the computer.
Amanda, the first time it wants your Microsoft account password. The second time it wants your WINDOWS password, which is the local user's password, the one you use to log into the computer now. If you don't have one, leave it blank and continue.