Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I cannot verify my account at all. I changed my password and when I tried to sync my one drive it sends the code to my old email and will not allow me to change out into a new method. It only allows me to send it to my old email that the site was shut down years ago. I have a new email set up so when I change the password I can. I have no idea why to verify wants to go to a different email. I also have my phone number in it, but it will not send a code to my phone. It will only send the code to my outdated phone.
So, now I can't link everything together and technically I do not have my laptop synced either (even though it is the same laptop I have had for years).
There is no way for me to switch out to another method to verify.
I tried calling the number and the machine told me it won't do anything and I had to go online and now online I have to post this question. This is why I hate changing my password.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ok good, when you go to Windows settings > accounts > Your info, does it still ask that you need to update your info?
Can you now log into OneDrive?
No, changing alias will not help in this case.
Back to your computer on Windows, try these steps:
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with local user instead. follow the steps and finish the rest.
(If you don't see the "sign in with a local account instead option, click on "Stop signing into Microsoft apps automatically" first, then relaunch this page. )
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info
Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead. follow the steps and finish the rest
Restart the computer (Do Not skip)
I am now out of my account and it will not let me back on.
I log in once, it asks me to put the password in again and when I do that a second time it tells me my password is wrong...
I tried to restart and it had me log into my local account. I tried a few times and the second time I type the password it is wrong every time. Still able to use it to get to my online account, and able to log in that first time so my password is right.
I was in the right place and it is the correct email before. I know the security email is the proper one. I checked that before I made this question and if that was wrong I wouldn't be able to log-in my Microsoft online account.
I am looking around to see if anything is off. My only old email on my account is only on the alias name now, it is off of everything else. So I was wondering if I change my alias that might fix it.
Ok Amanda, this whole time could you be possibly in the wrong place? I never mentioned Alias.
I asked that you go to your account https://account.live.com > SECURITY > Manage how you sign in.
It is here you need to update your email and phone number, NOT on the Alias page.