KB5050094 Causes RDP Disconnects

Anonymous
2025-02-05T15:29:30+00:00

Since computers installed update KB5050094 we are seeing RDP connections being disconnected randomly...sometimes after a few seconds or after a few minutes. We have confirmed that it was this update which caused it by removing the update and then testing, and RDP stayed active as it did previously without any disconnects. We then reinstalled the update and the RDP disconnects started again.

We have also tested this from Macs using the Windows App, and the same users who were disconnected on their Windows systems, where not getting disconnected from the Mac (so not the server end disconnecting).

Looking online, other users are reporting the same issue so this is not specific to our network, clients or servers.

As a note these are Windows 10 and 11 systems.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T12:39:40+00:00

    MS released KB5051987.
    Anybody can try to install it and test?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T12:07:55+00:00

    Since computers installed update KB5050094 we are seeing RDP connections being disconnected randomly...sometimes after a few seconds or after a few minutes. We have confirmed that it was this update which caused it by removing the update and then testing, and RDP stayed active as it did previously without any disconnects. We then reinstalled the update and the RDP disconnects started again.

    We have also tested this from Macs using the Windows App, and the same users who were disconnected on their Windows systems, where not getting disconnected from the Mac (so not the server end disconnecting).

    Looking online, other users are reporting the same issue so this is not specific to our network, clients or servers.

    As a note these are Windows 10 and 11 systems.

    We also have the same problem. The RDP window flickers briefly, then freezes. You can no longer control the application and have to end the RDP session via the task manager.

    Uninstalling KB5050094 resolves the issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T14:54:22+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue on several computers. Uninstalling the update KB5050094 does temporarily fix the issue except in the cases where I don't have the option to uninstall the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T05:55:20+00:00

    Hi,
    I experienced the same issue. Uninstalling the update resolved the RDP problem. I believe, Microsoft hasn't released a patch yet, so it's best to pause updates for a few days. Alternatively, you can use the Show/Hide Updates Tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10-74fed11e-1c5d-0cfb-0b43-1b40c37b38c9) to prevent these updates from installing automatically. We should wait for Microsoft to release a fix.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T14:11:57+00:00

    I have found this issue in one computer in my office. I have 4 users that use RDP daily and the 3 that do not have this update all work without issue. 1 computer installed the update and the issue began. I uninistalled the update and the problem went away. Last night the update installed itself again and the problem returned immediately. Again, I uninstalled the update and the problem went away. I have turned off updates for a short period hoping the update will be fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments