I am trying to install Chinese basic typing, and it doesn't want to install?

Anonymous
2025-03-04T05:18:23+00:00

I installed the Chinese language pack on my only one-month old computer, and when I try to install the "basic typing", the "handwriting", the "text-to-speech" and the "basic speech recognition", it installs in a second (because they are all 1 megabyte), then 2 seconds later, the download button appears again. What type of mess is this? This is a new computer as well so why is Windows having this weird issue?

I can't even upload an image on this website because it keeps "failing to upload".

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T09:53:11+00:00

    I used the bat file and restarted the computer, but it has taken more than 20 minutes to restart.

    I was expecting it to take 10 minutes-ish but it is still restarting

    How long is it meant to take? I wanted to do some work after but I guess not...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T12:21:38+00:00

    OK. Resetting Windows Update using that batch file removes any policy settings and clears the WU cache completely. After resetting WU, try to add the language pack via Settings.

    Also, in a recent case, we found that a 3rd party antivirus/firewall was preventing the DISM Add-Package command from running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T12:18:58+00:00

    Will try tomorrow as it is quite late.

    Also, what does resetting the update do? Is it a safe thing to do on my computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-04T12:15:52+00:00

    And resetting Windows Update and adding the language pack via Settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T12:14:25+00:00

    It didn't do anything—it was just stuck on the processing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments