How do you install new bios system?

Anonymous
2025-03-29T12:25:42+00:00

Ive got a new ssd and when i start upp the computer it says ”boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk”. I have an hp victus

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T18:21:59+00:00

    How do I formatt it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-29T18:23:36+00:00

    In File Explorer, go to 'This PC', then on the right side, right click the USB drive and choose to format the USB and accept the defaults.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T18:32:14+00:00

    Still doesn’t work but I don’t understand because it worked one time before after some error messages

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-29T18:33:42+00:00

    I think you need to get another 8GB USB flash drive to create the bootable USB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T18:41:34+00:00

    I’m trying to formatt it without the fast formatt box checked so it will take a bit of time will try it after that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments