Yes, that is correct, the USB needs to be recreated with the Media Creation Tool.
How do you install new bios system?
Ive got a new ssd and when i start upp the computer it says ”boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk”. I have an hp victus
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-29T17:11:10+00:00 Ok, so download windows 11 again on the usb?
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-03-29T17:06:13+00:00 You will need to recreate the bootable USB, I think you have formatted the USB, not the internal drive.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-29T17:00:22+00:00 I did all the steps and wrote down the disk 0 idk what that was but it was the only option
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-03-29T16:53:45+00:00 Are you sure you did not format the USB using those steps instead of the internal drive?