How do you install new bios system?

Anonymous
2025-03-29T12:25:42+00:00

Ive got a new ssd and when i start upp the computer it says ”boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk”. I have an hp victus

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-29T13:31:07+00:00

    The method to boot from a USB depends on the make of the PC, what is the make (Dell, Lenovo, Asus... etc.) of the PC you added the new SSD to?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T13:27:26+00:00

    No i haven’t tried that because there was an error message when I tried to install windows media creation tool on an other laptop. Where do you plug the usb in to when you have downloaded windows 11 on it. Just any port or is it an specific port?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-29T12:57:34+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    If you have replaced the drive that Windows was installed onto with the new SSD, did you create a bootable Windows 11 USB with the official Media Creation Tool and use that to clean install Windows on the new SSD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments