Windows 11 Install Fails, But In An Odd Way

Anonymous
2025-03-04T09:08:54+00:00

Hello! I've been attempting to upgrade (my unsupported (CPU is 1 gen too old)) computer to Windows 11. So I mount the ISO, go through the setup as usual. It says it's installing, I leave it (with sleep off). Then, when I return and restart the computer it brings me to the boot selection screen showing 'Windows 10' and 2 (yes, I tried twice) 'Windows 11 (Mounted On Volume 11)'. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5675 (1600X, RX570), I have added an extra 1 TB SSD to the original 128GB SSD/1TB HDD. Both of the old drives are in there, the 128GB is the old system drive and still has everything on it. The 1TB is used for data storage.

I can't seem to find anything online about this.

Do these disks have anything to do with the problem? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Other | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T19:29:35+00:00

    Hello,

    The drivers that are preventing upgrade seem to be printer drivers.

    Removing them should in theory allow you to upgrade, so I recommend doing that.

    Before we delete the drivers, please open System Restore by going to the Start Menu and typing rstui and pushing enter. Create a Restore Point in case something goes wrong, and then you can go back to a safe state. Alternatively, if you don't already, you can make a full backup of your system.

    Then, from a Command Prompt window (as admin), type pnputil /delete-driver oem26.inf /uninstall /force and push enter, and repeat the same thing for oem67.inf, oem68.inf, and oem69.inf and please post the output here.

    After you restart your PC, are you able to run the update?

    Let me know how this goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T06:02:39+00:00

    Hello,

    Here is the driver information:

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T14:14:32+00:00

    Hello,

    That's okay, I was able to find the error code :)

    The error code was 0xC1900101-0x20017, which is a generic rollback code, mainly caused by a faulty driver :(

    However, looking back at the log snippet that you sent, it's probably the drivers listed on there.

    Could you open a Command Prompt as admin and then type pnputil /enum-drivers and then push enter?

    Once pnputil finishes enumerating the drivers, please push Ctrl + F and then type oem26.inf and then take a screenshot, and then do the same with oem67.inf, oem68.inf, and oem69.inf?

    This is so that we don't mistakenly delete a critical system driver in the next steps.

    Hope to hear back from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T08:32:44+00:00

    Hello,

    Here it is. (Ngl, the file host is a bit crappy.)

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T14:12:42+00:00

    Hello,

    Please open a Command Prompt window (as admin) and then type cd %userprofile%\Downloads and push enter and then type setupdiag /output:setupdiag.xml /format:xml and push enter. Then, please upload the ZIP file that it creates in the downloads folder to Google Drive/OneDrive/Dropbox and share the link here.

    This way, I can analyze them to see in more detail what went wrong.

    Hope to hear back from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments