It is safer to backup your personal files in case the reset operation goes wrong, a backup of your files is always necessary, one copy of your files is never enough, even in a normal time.
Installation issues
I’m trying to reinstall the NVIDIA App but when I run the installer it automatically installs into my D drive and not my local C drive and the app won’t work and I don’t know what else I can do.
I’ve spoke to NVIDIA support with no luck and Microsoft technical support with no luck.
I’m running windows 11 on a desktop and my graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1080.
For some reason when I run the Nvidia app installer it doesn’t give me an option to choose where to install the app and I don’t know why it has all of a sudden decided install apps into my D drive and not my local C drive.
I’ve tried using a new user account, Nvidia full cleanup tool and a complete fresh download of drivers and app but nothing has worked.
And I’m at the point of not knowing what to do, I do have a windows update that needs installing but sadly I don’t have TPM 2.0 so can’t install it.
The app was working at the beginning of last week but because my local C dive was at capacity I needs to uninstall some apps to make space and I did that and have installed everything back on and is working ok apart from the NVIDIA app and Ubisoft connect but I don’t know if the two are related.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me insane.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-03-05T12:00:02+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-05T11:54:12+00:00 When I do it. Do I need to back everything up or only specific things?