Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T18:21:58+00:00

    It's been a while since I've done a repair/install so some directions would be most appreciated. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-30T18:34:27+00:00

    I suggest doing the procedure using a Windows ISO file to increase the chances of success.

    Instructions below:

    1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file from the link below;

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    1. Double-click the ISO to run;

    (After running the ISO, you may need to double-click the "Setup" file to start the procedure.)

    1. On the "Install Windows 11" screen, uncheck "I want to help make the installation of Windows better" and select "Change how Windows Setup download updates";
    2. On the next screen, select "Not right now" and click "Next";
    3. Accept the terms of use;
    4. On the "Ready to install" screen, select "Choose what to keep" and select what you want to keep.

    (In this step, select "Keep personal files and apps" so that all your data is kept.)

    1. Click "Install" and wait for the procedure to finish. Your computer may restart several times.

    If you need detailed instructions to download the ISO file, open the link provided above and follow the instructions below.

    1. Under "Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)", click "Select download" and select "Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO)";
    2. Click "Download";
    3. Choose the language and click on "Confirm";
    4. Then, click "64-bit Download".
    5. Wait for the download to finish and continue with step 2 of the above procedure.

    If you get any errors, let me know. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-01T12:47:27+00:00

    Thank you for the helpful instructions David. Since even a repair/install is a long process, I am going to adopt a "wait and see" attitude with the BSOD issue. But I will keep your instructions handy in case it rears its ugly head again. I did try a repair/install a little while back to try and fix the issue, but it didn't do any good. So I am not in a big hurry for it again.

    Thanks again for all your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-05-02T14:43:55+00:00

    Glad to help.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments