Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T13:04:42+00:00

    The is the second portion of my system information screen:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T13:03:30+00:00

    I have included screen shots of my system information below. It would not fit on one screen, so the rest is in the reply below. Man, I sure hope it helps because this is getting awfully frustrating. I appreciate your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T12:09:52+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the photo.

    The Driver Verifier isn't designed to solve the issue. I recommended it as a diagnostic tool to help try to identify the driver causing the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't help in your case

    I will suggest a procedure for updating essential drivers and possibly firmware. But for that, I need more information about your device.

    Please share a screenshot of your system information.

    • Press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 and press Enter.

    Maximize the window and use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T23:45:56+00:00

    Hi David,

    N

    OK, i have had two crashes today so far. The c:\windows\minidump file is empty. There is no larger dump file on Windows This is the BSOD I get every time. It stayed at 0% for 30 minutes:

    What do you need at this point? This doesn't seem to be solving anything. I have turned off the Driver Verify utility because is was not doing any good.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T13:26:52+00:00

    Thanks for the response David. I'll try your suggestion later today. The crashes occur randomly, so it may be a little while before I have any information for you.

    Thanks again for your help with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments