Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T19:16:00+00:00

    The first link in my previous reply is the direct download of the file. I will leave it again in the link below.

    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp155501-156000/...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T19:12:44+00:00

    I cannot find the driver for the BIOS. When I follow your link, this is what I get:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T18:51:07+00:00

    You can find the BIOS on the same page where I found the driver. But I will leave the direct link below.

    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp155501-156000/...

    After downloading the file, follow HP's instructions to install the BIOS update.

    File source: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-pavilio...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T18:47:21+00:00

    OK, I downloaded and installed the Chipset Driver per your instructions. How do I find the current BIOS download you referenced on the HP site?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T18:26:24+00:00

    Although the chipset driver might be up to date, it could still be corrupted. To address this, please run the installer I recommended and reinstall the driver to ensure its integrity. HP Support Assistant does not check the integrity of drivers, only their versions.

    Regarding the BIOS, the screenshot you shared shows it is currently at version "F.25". However, HP's website lists "F.27" as the latest version, confirming that the BIOS is indeed outdated.
    I strongly recommend proceeding with the BIOS update as suggested earlier.

    HP Support Assistant is not always correct. That's why I suggested doing the procedures manually instead of using it.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments