Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T01:16:02+00:00

    David, I wanted to pay you a real compliment. Not only did you suggest "fixes" for my issues, you also explained why you suggested them. That is knowledge I can use later. Your style is absolutely wonderful. You don't come across folks like you very often. Good job my friend.

    Howard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T20:39:49+00:00

    Glad to help.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T19:57:12+00:00

    David, all I can say is you have been awfully patient with me. It did install the BIOS. Why couldn't HP put that under the BIOS heading I cannot understand. But I found it when I expanded HP Firmware Pack, just as you said. Now, maybe, just maybe, the BSOD issue is fixed. I'll let you know if it rears its ugly head again.

    Thanks Again,

    Howard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T19:30:15+00:00

    This is quite odd, as the link takes me directly to the file download on my end. I also tested it on two other devices, and it worked the same way without any issues.

    In this case, when you get to the download page, expand "HP Firmware Pack (Intel Processors)" and click the "sp155879.exe" link next to "File name".

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T19:24:58+00:00

    When I click on the link, it comes right back to the original screen. I cannot get to the link for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments