Thanks for the screenshot.
Crystal Disk Info did not detect problems on your SSD.
I await the results of the MemTest86 test. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.
Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for the screenshot.
Crystal Disk Info did not detect problems on your SSD.
I await the results of the MemTest86 test. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
In this case, I have 2 suspicions about the cause of this problem.
It is possible to test some parts of the hardware using software, but unfortunately, not all of them.
I suggest you check the "health" of your HD/SSD using Crystal Disk Info.
https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDi...
(On this same page, there is the download of another app. The "Crystal Disk Mark". Do not download Crystal Disk Mark. Download only the "Crystal Disk Info".)
Download the "Standard Edition" by clicking on the "ZIP (XP-)" button.
Extract the ZIP and run the file "DiskInfo64.exe".
The health result of your HD/SSD will be displayed. See if there are any alerts.
Feel free to share a screenshot if you want. Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.
Also, use the free MemTest86 tool for a deep check of your RAM.
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
The deep scan can take a long time, depending on how much RAM you have. So do it at a time that suits you.
Feel free to share a photo of the test result.
I will leave a more detailed explanation about MemTest86:
An external storage device is required to use MemTest86. The documentation provided on the same page that I suggested for downloading the tool has instructions for using it. I will leave it detailed below to make it easier to find the instructions.
Access the MemTest86 User Guide at the link below.
https://www.memtest86.com/downloads/MemTest86_U...
(Make a backup of the files stored on the USB Flash Drive that will be used in the procedure.)
Once the MemTest86 home screen is displayed, the test starts automatically after a few seconds.
Let me know the result. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
Well David, it took a couple of days, but the dreaded BSOD popped up again. I hope you aren't out suggestions. Any idea what we can try next?
Thanks Again
I truly appreciate your kind words.
I believe in being transparent when assisting others in the Microsoft Community. Not everyone has the technical background to fully grasp the procedures suggested here, and they may sometimes wonder, "Why was that recommendation made?"
By providing clear explanations, I aim to ensure that people understand the reasoning behind the guidance, reducing confusion and helping them feel more confident when resolving the issue.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.