I did forget to check Critical, Warning and Error. Sorry, but I am not familiar with this stuff. I checked it and got an Error file. Now, I am not familiar with the Cloud either, so can you coach me through the upload? I have saved the log file to my Download location.
Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD
This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.
Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-04-25T20:00:48+00:00 -
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-25T18:54:02+00:00 The "Information" events don't provide any relevant insights or assistance in this situation.
What you mean is that you checked the boxes "Critical", "Warning", and "Error", and no entries are displayed?
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
-
Anonymous
2025-04-25T18:44:44+00:00 Thanks for the reply David. At this point, all I see on "Filter Current Log" is "Information." Perhaps I need to wait until it happens again, and then we'll have some useful information. I don't think you'll get anything from these entries. If you want to look at them anyway, let me know.
Thanks Agan
-
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-04-25T18:06:27+00:00 Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.
This behavior can occur for several reasons. It is necessary to investigate.
Please do the following:
Export and share the log for analysis:
- Press "Windows + X" and select "Event Viewer";
- Expand "Windows Logs" and select "System";
- In the "Actions" panel on the right, select "Filter Current Log";
- In "Event level", check the boxes "Critical", "Warning", and "Error" and click on "Ok";
- Again, in the "Actions" panel, select "Save Filtered Log File As" and save in an easily accessible place.
Then, upload the file to the cloud (OneDrive), choose to share it, and get the link.
Post the link to the file here so I can have a look.
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.