Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-30T16:40:52+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    From my experience, I have found that a clean install is more effective. But if you want to try the repair/install first, that's fine.

    Do you know how to do the procedure or do you need a step-by-step guide?

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T14:56:26+00:00

    Yes, I don't want to do a clean install and loose everything. Can I do a repair/install instead and save my files?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-30T14:35:48+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification.

    HP Diagnostics is usually good at detecting RAM problems. If it didn't detect any problems, then your RAM should be fine.

    Are there any objections to performing a clean install of Windows?

    Clean Installing Windows will remove all data stored on the system. Therefore, you will need to back up your personal files on an external drive or cloud storage service.

    I'm considering suggesting you do this because instability issues don't survive a clean install unless the problem is caused by hardware.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T14:31:07+00:00

    Nothing. I ran the HP diagnostics, and they came back clean.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-30T14:18:15+00:00

    What exactly happened when you tried to run MemTest86?

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments