Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T18:26:24+00:00

    Although the chipset driver might be up to date, it could still be corrupted. To address this, please run the installer I recommended and reinstall the driver to ensure its integrity. HP Support Assistant does not check the integrity of drivers, only their versions.

    Regarding the BIOS, the screenshot you shared shows it is currently at version "F.25". However, HP's website lists "F.27" as the latest version, confirming that the BIOS is indeed outdated.
    I strongly recommend proceeding with the BIOS update as suggested earlier.

    HP Support Assistant is not always correct. That's why I suggested doing the procedures manually instead of using it.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T18:15:26+00:00

    According to the HP Support website, all my drivers and software are up to date. There is no BIOS update listed for my device. The current Chipset driver is from 2023. So it appears they are up to date. Now what can we do?

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-28T16:35:34+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the screenshot.

    I suggest doing the following:

    • Download the latest chipset driver from the link below and install it.

    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp149001-149500/...

    (Run the downloaded EXE file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.)

    • I noticed that the laptop BIOS is outdated. I suggest you update it by following HP's instructions.

    Then, see if the system will work stable.

    If the crash occurs again after doing this, share the minidump it created. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Driver source: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-pavilio...

    I will explain why I suggested this:

    Outdated BIOS can cause system stability issues. That's why I suggested updating the BIOS.

    As I suggested updating the BIOS, the chipset driver must also be updated, as the old driver could have compatibility issues with the new BIOS.

    Many PCs actually go years without needing a BIOS update. But at the first sign of instability, it is recommended to update the BIOS. This has always been the recommendation, including from manufacturers.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T14:09:20+00:00

    Sorry. looks like I sent the bottom portion again. Here's the top part:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T14:05:59+00:00

    Sorry ... here's the bottom portion:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments