Screen Freeze Loud Buzzing BSOD

Anonymous
2025-04-25T17:33:43+00:00

This has become very annoying. If I am watching a movie or sports broadcast on my Windows 11 laptop, sometimes I get a screen freeze, loud buzzing noise and BSOD. It says you are analyzing the issue and will restart. That never happens. The progress shows 0%. There is not minidump. My maintenance is current, and so are my drivers to the best of my knowledge.

Please provide a solution to this annoying issue that actually works. I have already tried all the standard suggestions to no avail, and I need a resolution that really fixes this issue.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T13:26:52+00:00

    Thanks for the response David. I'll try your suggestion later today. The crashes occur randomly, so it may be a little while before I have any information for you.

    Thanks again for your help with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T12:59:44+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    That's what I needed. Thanks.

    I found that errors are occurring when creating the dump files. This is probably due to the type of crash that is happening.

    I suggest you use the Driver Verifier utility. This utility is used to force the system to show the driver causing the problem.

    Before turning on Driver Verifier, I like to create a restore point just in case. I suggest doing the same.

    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/system-pr...

    Turn on Driver Verifier, let the system crash 3 times, then turn off Driver Verifier. Share the minidumps that the crashes created.

    (The same instructions that apply to Windows 10 apply to Windows 11.)

    (Pay attention to the blue screen that is displayed. Sometimes, it may contain useful information.)

    See the article below for instructions.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    If the system does not start after enabling Driver Verifier, follow the procedure suggested in the article to disable Driver Verifier instead of using the restore point you created. Use the restore point only if it is not possible to follow the procedure suggested in the article to disable the Driver Verifier.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T14:21:22+00:00

    Filtered Log.evtx

    Is this what you mean? I am a little confused ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-26T14:10:14+00:00

    Copy the link. Next, click the "Reply" button located below my reply, paste the link into your reply, and then submit your reply.

    I await your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T13:57:33+00:00

    OK, glad you are back David. Below is a screen print of the screen. Where do I send the link?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments