startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T16:54:57+00:00

    what is OKI?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-22T16:41:21+00:00

    hdsaver.sys is usually a driver for some OKI product like a printer, do you have that type of device connected to your PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T16:38:15+00:00

    I can boot now but every time I have to hit F8 and choose 7 which is disable signature

    its this issue: windows/system32\drivers\hdsaver.sys

    i even clicked the file and told it to install certificate but I get that every boot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-21T17:57:22+00:00

    Okay, that is probably a good idea too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T17:56:10+00:00

    The only reason why I don't think it is bios or pc hardware is I took the hard drive and put it into a different pc and I have the same issue. I am running malwarebytes to make sure we didnt get any virus or trojan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments