Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T20:25:07+00:00

    The undo.reg didn't seem to fix it but I can look into this further later. Great thanks! I'll go through those as well and fix.

    It's likely that some other issue, unrelated to DoSvc, is causing the problem. If resetting the network using Network Reset or reinstalling the Wi-Fi/Ethernet drivers, or WARP+ doesn't help, you may start a new thread.

    Thanks again for your help! I'll mark it as solved :D

    You're welcome :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T20:21:17+00:00

    The undo.reg didn't seem to fix it but I can look into this further later. Great thanks! I'll go through those as well and fix.

    Thanks again for your help! I'll mark it as solved :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments