Nearly two .months. I did a test where I created a new email and my PC showed up but my controller didnt. I shouldn't have to create a new email address though. This is obviously a Microsoft problem.
Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T22:00:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-06-25T22:14:11+00:00 Hello Fırtına81, I have been following this topic you opened for about 2 weeks. I don't know if it is forbidden to give the name of another site, there are many people who have this problem on reddit and similar sites. "Volunteer authorized people in the Microsoft Community section suggest a few things against these problems and then they disappear and stop responding, tragicomic" I have tried all the solutions on the internet regarding this problem but unfortunately this problem still persists. I reached out to Microsoft support and told them that there was such a problem, they connected to my computer and did a few things, they asked me to switch to a local account and log in to my Microsoft account again and then it didn't work and they said they would report this problem to the higher authorities and contact me when the problem is resolved, it has been 2 weeks and it seems like this problem will continue for a long time
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T23:33:24+00:00 I think the issue has something to do with the "Computer Name" under settings. Try Settings/System/About/Advanced Settings/ComputerName (you can use underscore here) and see if it helps.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-26T00:06:54+00:00 I think the issue has something to do with the "Computer Name" under settings. Try Settings/System/About/Advanced Settings/ComputerName (you can use underscore here) and see if it helps.
I tried it before. It doesn't work. I even reset the computer but it didn't work.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-26T19:43:09+00:00 You actually reinstalled Windows and the devices still didn't show up? That's the one thing I have to try but can't be arsed with two days of reinstalling everything again if it doesn't work. Sigh*