I tried all these steps too, but I couldn't solve the problem.
Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2025-07-02T18:03:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-07-03T17:52:34+00:00 I tried all these steps too, but I couldn't solve the problem.
I already wrote what I tried and couldn't find a solution, bro.
I may have figured out how the problem occurred.
I updated my motherboard bios and my graphics card in 1.5 months. I think after the bios update it is detected as a new device and it may cause a problem.
Because I did the same thing on my second system. My device that was visible in my Microsoft devices section stopped appearing after the bios update. I verified this on a second device.
-
Anonymous
2025-07-03T19:36:03+00:00 I updated my motherboard bios and my graphics card in 1.5 months. I think after the bios update it is detected as a new device and it may cause a problem.
Because I did the same thing on my second system. My device that was visible in my Microsoft devices section stopped appearing after the bios update. I verified this on a second device.
I don't think the problem is the bios update.
I tested this...I removed the account with the problem from my PC, and I created a new Microsoft account which I linked to my PC. The device is visible on the Microsoft website and everything works as it should. Then I had to disconnect the device from the new account I have to use the one with the problem because it has a digital Windows license as well as an Office license.
Just to mention, the account problem started because i reinstalled windows 11 and i changed the pc name .
I think all we can do is wait for ms to fix the problem . ...btw i contacted support and they screwed me into reinstalling the system again . they are totally useless. :((