Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-31T00:59:05+00:00

    Hi, my name is Julian. Since this is a public forum made up mostly of fellow gamers and users like you and me, all we can offer are guidance and suggestions. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue.

    After a factory reset, your device may not automatically re-register under your Microsoft account. This usually happens if the sign-in during setup doesn’t fully sync with your Microsoft services.

    Please try these steps:

    1. Ensure you're signed in with a Microsoft account on the device. Please

    go to Settings > Accounts > Your info and confirm it's not a local account.

    1. Trigger Sync manually by going to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings and ensure sync is enabled.
    2. Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and see if it appears after a few hours.
    3. Make sure "Find my device" is on by going to Settings > Privacy & security > Find my device and toggle it on.

    Since you've already contacted support and the case is elevated, it's best to wait for their response.

    Let me know if you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T12:23:21+00:00

    So I have the same issue. All of my previously registered devices have disappeared from my Microsoft account. I currently have a broken Xbox controller which can't be repaired or replaced due to a current issue that's happening globally with Microsoft accounts that have devices no longer showing as linked to the account. Microsoft has confirmed that this is an ongoing issue and there has not been a resolution yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T21:13:09+00:00

    I also had to reinstall Windows 11 on my laptop and am having the same issue (not showing up under Microsoft account). I contacted support through chat and they weren't able to help either. My laptop does show up when I go into my settings and find linked devices just not when I go to the account on the webpage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-05T05:02:18+00:00

    Same here.

    I signed in to my laptop using another account and the laptop was listed under the account immediately and find my computer worked just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments