Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T10:12:19+00:00

    Thank you both. Tried this. Seems the only way to speak to an human is letting me call back or asking the community. Was hoping to write an email or at least chat with someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T10:00:42+00:00

    I just type "I want to speak to a human!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T09:57:41+00:00

    Type "live agent" when start chatting with virtual assistant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T09:22:02+00:00

    As I do have an issue with my controller and can't find or add it to my account, I was trying to find a way to conatact the customer support directly, but I always end up with the virtual agent that doesn't help at all. Any advice on contacting the customer support directly? I allready tried answering to old mails from the support, but did not get an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more