Nearly two .months. I did a test where I created a new email and my PC showed up but my controller didnt. I shouldn't have to create a new email address though. This is obviously a Microsoft problem.
Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T22:00:51+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T21:37:21+00:00 Not for me. None of my devices are showing still.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T21:27:34+00:00 Windows support team has not returned back to me after the issue was elevated. But Xbox support team responded. My Xbox elite controller is now listed under devices. See email below.
Try sending an email and see if they can help. Funny thing is that my laptop has started randomly appearing and disappearing in my account for some reason.
<< ******@microsoftsupport.com >>
I hope you are doing well. Please be informed that the device registering issue has been fixed and you can register your device. Please get back to us, if you have any queries.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-25T15:53:56+00:00 I think because of this issue, Xbox app on pc is also affected. It is unable to verify offline mode because there is no linked device on my account. Similarly had to do a reset a couple days ago and noticed account doesn’t show any device.
Anyone else who has pc game pass and can’t go offline mode?