My device do not show name in microsoft store device management. Is anyone having the same problem as me?
I have been following the issue since the beginning and we are discussing it (yes, we are living it)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My device do not show name in microsoft store device management. Is anyone having the same problem as me?
I have been following the issue since the beginning and we are discussing it (yes, we are living it)
My device do not show name in microsoft store device management. Is anyone having the same problem as me?
Chill bro...
You do not have to do what was recommended in the forums. This is a discussion to see if we can find a solution to this issue because Microsoft support has not helped fix it.
My recommendation is to create a new outlook account and start fresh and/or close your account wait for 30 days and create the old account again and see if the issue will be resolved. Obviously, you will not have access to the account during that time.
If you do not like it then you do not have to do anything.
Also make sure to have Bitlocker key code before resetting just in case.
Deleting the account and activating it again? Did it work for you?
I'm calm bro it's just awful to wait for such a simple problem
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
It looks to me that once the link is corrupted due to name conflict, it does not matter if you sign in at another computer.
Try changing the name using the following, Settings/System/About/Advanced Settings/ComputerName. After restart, check Settings/Account/Linked devices and see if computer name matches.
One solution is to create a new outlook account and start fresh. For me, I will be loosing old Xbox games that I purchased so it is not a big deal. It will be a hassle to update my email address in my accounts. You can close the old account (30 days grace period). After grace period is over, try creating the email accounting using the same username.
Bro I have been resetting my computer regularly for 5 years. In my previous resets, it was visible even when I entered the same computer name or a different name. If something like this happens with such a simple name conflict, then I should not use Windows with my account xd All my social media accounts, game accounts, etc. are registered to this email address. Why would I delete my account and open a new one just because my device is not visible? Many things may not be registered to your account, but mine is?