You have been incredibly amazing to work with too. Glad that everything is working now. If all is resolved, feel free to mark the answer for this thread and feel free to choose a rating and have a great day Andrew!
All the best!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So I turned my PC on in the morning after putting it into sleep mode, I then proceeded to restart it because it wasn't opening my programs. After it restarted it sent me to the recovery page and it doesn't let me get out of it. I tried using my spare Windows 10 backup and that doesn't work either. Please help
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You have been incredibly amazing to work with too. Glad that everything is working now. If all is resolved, feel free to mark the answer for this thread and feel free to choose a rating and have a great day Andrew!
All the best!
It doesn't give me the option to “Install Now”
It just takes me to this”.
When it shows the list of drives/partitions:
Select the 222 GB partition (E:) the one showing 187 GB free.
Do not format it.
Click Next.
If you still see an error during install, please send the exact message or a photo of the error screen. If it complains about partitions or says something like:
“Windows can’t be installed to this drive”
“Drive is GPT/MBR incompatible”
“Drive is locked”
Let me know. I’ll give you quick commands to fix it. If you are okay to proceed to start over and delete all data/files on the system you can proceed with clean install using your bootable USB drive. You can also check this article for reference
https://support.microsoft.com/windows/reinstall...
Please note that this is a public forum. I’m a fellow user doing my best to provide helpful insights, and I apologize for any delay in my response. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible after receiving any updates from you. I’m in the UTC+8 time zone by the way.
Thanks, Andrew. Since the system still says the drive is too small, even after trying to clean up space, let’s pause and clarify a few details so we can proceed with the most accurate fix.
Here are a few quick questions
Is it during Startup Repair, Install Now > Custom, or somewhere else?
Please share the full wording, or a photo/screenshot if you can.
How many drives/partitions are listed?
How big is each one?
Which one is labeled “Primary” or "System"?
Are any marked as "Recovery" or "Reserved"?
(If yes, we might need a recovery key to fully unlock the drive.)
Once I know these, I’ll guide you through the correct next step, either a clean repair install, partition resize, or full reinstall. A screenshots of what you're doing would be awesome. And to make sure we are on the same page.
You’re nearly there. Just need a little more detail to push through this final stage.