Why does my PC keep booting into the bluescreen and not let me leave

Anonymous
2025-06-26T22:08:47+00:00

So I turned my PC on in the morning after putting it into sleep mode, I then proceeded to restart it because it wasn't opening my programs. After it restarted it sent me to the recovery page and it doesn't let me get out of it. I tried using my spare Windows 10 backup and that doesn't work either. Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-01T04:01:24+00:00

You have been incredibly amazing to work with too. Glad that everything is working now. If all is resolved, feel free to mark the answer for this thread and feel free to choose a rating and have a great day Andrew!

All the best!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-01T03:04:34+00:00

    When I type to convert it into a GPT it says it was successful, but then when I try to install windows onto it, it still says its a MBR file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-01T00:59:24+00:00

    Yes that's why you need to convert it to GPT. I have provided the steps above. Please follow it very carefully. Let me resend it.

    In the same command prompt, type these commands one at a time.

    diskpart

    list disk

    select disk 1 (Make sure to choose where it is showing your main Windows drive with 222 GB)

    clean

    convert gpt

    exit

    Close Command Prompt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T20:56:55+00:00

    After following the steps above and turning it into a GPT file, it now gives me this pop up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T09:36:33+00:00

    Thanks for trying that, Andrew. This usually means your user folders are either empty or corrupted.

    In this case, we will no longer be able to recover anything but proceed with a clean install, which means all data in your device will be deleted. And you will be starting over.

    You can proceed on the steps I have provided earlier to perform a clean install.

    Once you're sure you're ready to move on

    Open Command Prompt again from the setup screen (Shift + F10) and run

    diskpart

    list disk

    select disk 1

    clean

    convert gpt

    exit

    Then close Command Prompt, click “Install Now,” choose the unallocated space, and click Next.

    You're right at the finish line. And I appreciate your great effort on this.

    All the best!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments