I want to install the old version of the AMD driver, the old version does have an error, but the new version doesn't have an error like that.
Windows 11 Display Adapters Problem
So the story is, a few days ago, I just did a clean install of Windows 11, this is where the problem started, when I just entered the desktop, suddenly my screen and cursor froze for 3 seconds, then it went smoothly again, froze, went smoothly and so on (like stiff), and I found that there was a problem with the Display adapters, and I disabled it, when it was disabled and used MBDA, it went smoothly and was no longer stiff, but when using the Display adapter, the problem started again, and for the time being I am using MBDA (Microsoft Basic Display Adapters), please help me fix this problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-05-27T06:48:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-27T12:34:29+00:00 Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
I understand. When I mentioned a newer driver, I was referring to one that is slightly more recent than the one currently causing the error.
For example, if the driver showing the error was released on March 3, 2016, you could try the version released on June 24, 2016, and then continue testing newer versions until you find one that does not give the error.
See what I mean?
The issue you're facing is particularly challenging, as the manufacturer does not provide device drivers.
Your device is facing driver-related issues with the AMD-provided driver, as well as the code 99 error, which stems from Driver Signature problems
In such cases, finding a solution often requires trial and error, testing different drivers until you identify one that works properly.
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-27T13:03:46+00:00 But this can still be fixed, right?
-
Anonymous
2025-05-27T13:17:33+00:00 Your best option for resolving this issue is to use the graphics driver provided by Acer.
When it comes to AMD's drivers, the most effective approach is to test them one by one until you find a version that installs correctly and does not exhibit the behavior you described.
However, as I mentioned earlier, if I were in your position, I would reach out to Acer directly for the official drivers rather than go through all the trouble with AMD's drivers.
For some reason, laptops have this peculiarity: drivers provided directly by the chip manufacturer (in this case, AMD) may not always work correctly.
Your best option is to use the driver supplied by the laptop manufacturer, as it is specifically optimized for your hardware.
The real challenge arises when the manufacturer stops making these drivers publicly available, making it difficult to find a reliable solution.
Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-28T11:18:27+00:00 but what the meaning of WHQL drivers?