Actually, when I did a clean install of Windows 10, the same thing happened, and it was fixed, but I forgot what version the driver was, maybe 2016/2017.
Windows 11 Display Adapters Problem
So the story is, a few days ago, I just did a clean install of Windows 11, this is where the problem started, when I just entered the desktop, suddenly my screen and cursor froze for 3 seconds, then it went smoothly again, froze, went smoothly and so on (like stiff), and I found that there was a problem with the Display adapters, and I disabled it, when it was disabled and used MBDA, it went smoothly and was no longer stiff, but when using the Display adapter, the problem started again, and for the time being I am using MBDA (Microsoft Basic Display Adapters), please help me fix this problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-05-24T00:45:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-23T13:38:55+00:00 Thanks for the clarification.
Laptops often struggle with drivers provided directly by AMD, Intel, or Nvidia. Manufacturers always recommend using their own drivers for better compatibility and stability.
Since I can't access the all drivers for your device through Acer's website, and I don't have the device to reach out to Acer support myself, I suggest contacting Acer directly to inquire about their recommended drivers, especially the graphics driver.
See the link below. It only has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers. It seems that Acer removed the other drivers.
https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...
This is not typical of Acer, which has always provided good support in terms of making drivers available, even for older devices.
Let me know the result. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-23T13:27:15+00:00 In the AMD official website, AMD Radeon HD 8330
-
Anonymous
2025-05-23T12:11:19+00:00 Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
Thanks for the screenshot.
I checked Acer's website for the latest graphics driver recommended for your laptop, as it's generally best to use the driver provided by the manufacturer. However, for some reason, Acer no longer seems to offer graphics drivers for your model.
Where did you download the graphics driver that is showing the behavior you described?
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.