Windows 11 Display Adapters Problem

Anonymous
2025-05-21T12:07:31+00:00

So the story is, a few days ago, I just did a clean install of Windows 11, this is where the problem started, when I just entered the desktop, suddenly my screen and cursor froze for 3 seconds, then it went smoothly again, froze, went smoothly and so on (like stiff), and I found that there was a problem with the Display adapters, and I disabled it, when it was disabled and used MBDA, it went smoothly and was no longer stiff, but when using the Display adapter, the problem started again, and for the time being I am using MBDA (Microsoft Basic Display Adapters), please help me fix this problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-26T12:04:27+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Please do the following:

    1. Open Start and type cmd, right-click on "Command Prompt", and select "Run as administrator".
    2. Run the following command at the Command Prompt:

    bcdedit /enum

    1. Share a screenshot of the command output.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-26T06:40:25+00:00

    from AMD setup, it say the error code is 99

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T13:17:56+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    What exactly happens when you try to install the driver?

    Do you get an error code or message? If yes, which one?

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T05:15:40+00:00

    i already download the driver, and i cant install the driver, i already turn off the driver signature, it still cant

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-24T13:05:39+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Unfortunately, I can't determine exactly which version will work best for your case, as there are many versions available.

    In situations like this, the only way to identify the correct driver version is through trial and error, testing different versions one at a time — though this can be a time-consuming and tedious process.

    However, since you believe the correct driver is from 2016 or 2017, that already narrows down the search, making it easier to pinpoint the right one.

    To approach this systematically:

    1. Start by testing drivers from early to late 2016.
    2. If none of those work properly, move on to early to late 2017 versions.
    3. If you find a driver that works best, make sure to note down the version number for future reference.

    This ensures you have a structured method to track what works without wasting unnecessary time!

    You can find older drivers at the link below.

    https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/previo...

    This link provides drivers for Windows 10. Most drivers developed for Windows 10 usually work fine on Windows 11.

    If I were you, I'd reach out to Acer and ask for a reliable source to download the drivers for your device, since the official website doesn't seem to have them all.

    Ultimately, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to provide compatible drivers, not yours to have to track down the one that works best.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments