Ok. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Windows 11 Display Adapters Problem
So the story is, a few days ago, I just did a clean install of Windows 11, this is where the problem started, when I just entered the desktop, suddenly my screen and cursor froze for 3 seconds, then it went smoothly again, froze, went smoothly and so on (like stiff), and I found that there was a problem with the Display adapters, and I disabled it, when it was disabled and used MBDA, it went smoothly and was no longer stiff, but when using the Display adapter, the problem started again, and for the time being I am using MBDA (Microsoft Basic Display Adapters), please help me fix this problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-05-29T12:40:14+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-29T06:51:39+00:00 Um I guess I will using MBDA for a while.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-28T12:59:48+00:00 WHQL stands for "Windows Hardware Quality Labs", a certification program by Microsoft. WHQL drivers are device drivers that have passed Microsoft's rigorous testing process to ensure compatibility, stability, and security with Windows operating systems
However, if the driver is old, it might still work, but there could be risks:
- Compatibility issues – Older drivers may not fully support new Windows updates.
- Performance limitations – They might lack optimizations for newer hardware.
- Security risks – Unpatched vulnerabilities could expose your system to threats.
- Missing features – Newer versions often include bug fixes and enhancements.
WHQL certification ensures that a driver was tested and validated at the time of release, but it doesn’t guarantee long-term compatibility. Over time, operating systems evolve, hardware changes, and security requirements change. While some older WHQL-certified drivers may still work, they may not have optimizations, security patches, or support for newer features.
Therefore, just because a driver is WHQL certified does not mean it will still work properly almost 10 years later on all devices.
Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-28T11:18:27+00:00 but what the meaning of WHQL drivers?
-
Anonymous
2025-05-27T13:17:33+00:00 Your best option for resolving this issue is to use the graphics driver provided by Acer.
When it comes to AMD's drivers, the most effective approach is to test them one by one until you find a version that installs correctly and does not exhibit the behavior you described.
However, as I mentioned earlier, if I were in your position, I would reach out to Acer directly for the official drivers rather than go through all the trouble with AMD's drivers.
For some reason, laptops have this peculiarity: drivers provided directly by the chip manufacturer (in this case, AMD) may not always work correctly.
Your best option is to use the driver supplied by the laptop manufacturer, as it is specifically optimized for your hardware.
The real challenge arises when the manufacturer stops making these drivers publicly available, making it difficult to find a reliable solution.
Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.