Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T14:53:41+00:00

    Excellent!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T02:25:40+00:00

    Mine works, too!

    Thanks for all the attention and replies. Maybe they helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T22:04:05+00:00

    Awesome!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T21:44:54+00:00

    Not sure if anything you and others have done made any difference towards a fix. I never tried any of the fixes suggested but the problem got fixed anyway yesterday and .............. today still working okay. Somebody finally woke up at "headquarters" and fixed it since I first posted the question/problem 7 months ago - April 6th. Seems a small thing at first but these "inoperables" wear on the mind and can become nagging irritables like an itch you can't reach.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments