Some of these may have worked 2 year ago, but none of them work now. I'm very frustrated and can't believe that Microsoft would purposefully prevent anyone from using the old notepad on Windows 11, but apparently that's exactly what they've done. I have tried everything here. I've hired IT professionals to do everything they can to get the old Notepad to work on Windows 11. No matter what I do, I get a message that the app is not allowed.
For my home machine I'm sticking with Windows 10. For work, the IT people modified the configuration so that the new notepad works similarly to the only one in that it doesn't open up a new tab or save old tabs, but just has one tab open at a time. But it still doesn't fully solve my problem because there are fonts and italics and bold, and half the reason I use the old notepad is to strip all those from the text so I can copy and paste.
FRUSTRATING!!!!!!