I know Chip said he'd had problems with an HP, but Canon seems to come up here quite often...
Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11
Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't resolved. I keep getting the following: "The local print spooler is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." I get this whether I try to print or run print properties.
I can print to the printer(s) from a Windows 10 machine (laptop) with no problems so I don't think it's the printer(s) (Canon Pro-300 and HP Office Jet).
In the control panel there is an Inkjet Printer that I cannot remove - says it's a Canon inkjet printer with Driver unavailable (I found a driver listed at one time - C:\Windows|system\32\drivers\ksthunk.sys). How can I remove this device?
Any suggestions before I start over.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-05-24T08:25:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-05-24T02:35:05+00:00 it's the spooler every time ,I have the CANON LBP3380 Laser-jet and this problem occurred when I tried to print a large document, Event Viewer shows error in spooled file. applied all fixes, problem persists .need to wait for next update I guess
-
Anonymous
2022-05-16T19:07:42+00:00 yes, same error. Just can't get the Windows 11 to print. I reloaded it again and got two print jobs to go but now it's back to the same issue.
-
Anonymous
2022-05-12T07:11:50+00:00 Chip, did you get the same error when it failed on the HP printer?
-
Anonymous
2022-05-11T20:20:50+00:00 go in setting bluethooth & devices clink on printers & scanners troubleshoot it will run then said could find nothing wrong. but then my printer printed till i shut it off and i had to do it again at least it was printing hp pro 8620 good luck Greg